Our work at St. John's Church goes far beyond the walls of the Sanctuary as we open our hearts and hands to the public through a variety of programs, events, and services. The following briefly outlines what St. John's offers to the congregation and community.
We are a loving faith community who has been here for more than 100 years. We are a passionate, imperfect family leading the way to make a love-spreading difference in our community and beyond. Partnering with God, we are hard workers, intent upon finding and meeting the needs of God's children.
Our Core Values:
We seek to live by Christ’s teachings.
We are a caring and compassionate community.
We are open and welcoming to all.
What We Believe:
- As Episcopalians, we are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
- We welcome men and women, married or celibate, to be ordained as bishops, priests, and deacons.
- We believe in amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
- Lay people exercise a vital role in the governance and ministry of our Church.
- All baptized Christians, not only members of the Episcopal Church, may receive Holy Communion.
- We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
- We affirm that committed relationships are lifelong and monogamous. Episcopalians also recognize that there is grace after divorce and do not deny the sacraments to those who have been divorced.
- We affirm that issues such as birth control are matters of personal informed conscience.
- We celebrate our unity in Christ while honoring our differences, always putting the work of love before uniformity of opinion.
- All are welcome to find a spiritual home in the Episcopal Church.
More information about the Episcopal Church is available at www.episcopalchurch.org.