Chapel of the Transfiguration
Grand Teton National Park, Moose, WY Map Located 15 miles from the Town of Jackson.
This small log chapel, built in 1925, offers spectacular views of the Teton Mountain Range and a majestic place to pray. The Chapel will seat 65 people with additional seating outside, weather permitting.
Holy Communion: Sundays 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- June: The Rev. Kirkland “Skully” Knight, Episcopal School of Baton Rouge, LA
- July: The Rev. Lester V. Mackenzie, Rector, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Laguna Beach, CA
- August: The Rev. Chip Edens, Rector, Christ Church, Charlotte, NC
- Organists: Judy Bowser, Henry Lowe, David Wagner
Holy Communion: Sundays 8 AM/10AM
The rustic Episcopal Chapel of the Transfiguration, constructed in 1925, held the first services on July 26 of that year. The Chapel provided spiritual refreshment to dude ranchers and tourists that flocked to the chapel to worship and gather as a community. Today, the Chapel continues to draw people, and services are held every Sunday during the summer from Memorial Day through September.