Building the Capacity for Love
Do you ever feel like we talk about love around here without ever explaining what we mean? Brian and Jimmy do! And they do an awful lot of the talking! Over the course of the summer, Brian and Jimmy are going to tackle the challenge of building our capacity for love. Together on Sunday mornings, they’ll lead us on a journey of the different ways each of us might tackle growing our awareness of our own belovedness and sharing that love with others who need it or need to be reminded. The class is meant to be both conceptual and practical. They’ll use tools in our Episcopal tool kit, as well and tools that are new or more secular-spiritual! Each week, you’ll have a chance to talk it through with the group gathered. Maybe they’ll even come up with a little homework!
Join us on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. for the dates listed below. We are planning to meet in the education wing of the church in the classroom next to the nursery.
- June 16 – A Look at Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- June 23 – Caring and Nurturing
- July 7 – Empathy Building Practices
- July 14 – Learning From Others When It Comes to Love
- July 21 – Raising Expectations of Ourselves in the Work of Love
- August 11 – Giving and Serving: Next Level Spreading