Our work at St. Johns goes far beyond the walls of the Sanctuary as we open our hearts and hands to the public through a variety of programs, events, and services. The following briefly outlines what St. John's offers to the congregation and community.
St. John's Episcopal Church is a community of faith made from God; we worship and serve God, welcome all who seek to know and love Jesus Christ, and share Christ's love by serving others. We warmly invite and welcome new members and visitors to our Church.
Our Core Values:
We seek to live by Christ’s teachings.
We are a caring and compassionate community.
We are open and welcoming to all.
What We Believe:
- As Episcopalians, we are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
- We welcome men and women, married or celibate, to be ordained as bishops, priests, and deacons.
- We believe in amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
- Lay people exercise a vital role in the governance and ministry of our Church.
- All baptized Christians, not only members of the Episcopal Church, may receive Holy Communion.
- We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
- We affirm that committed relationships are lifelong and monogamous. Episcopalians also recognize that there is grace after divorce and do not deny the sacraments to those who have been divorced.
- We affirm that issues such as birth control are matters of personal informed conscience.
- We celebrate our unity in Christ while honoring our differences, always putting the work of love before uniformity of opinion.
- All are welcome to find a spiritual home in the Episcopal Church.
More information about the Episcopal Church is available at www.episcopalchurch.org.