Outreach Partner: Jackson Cupboard
The Jackson Cupboard provides essential, nutritious food for our community members in need. The Cupboard serves an average of 500 individuals per week. Our organization is run solely by volunteer help and by food and monetary donations from the community.
We provide fresh food coupons for clients to use at Jackson Whole Grocer and we have non-perishable items and frozen meats on site. Items that are typically most needed include:
- Canned meats, tuna, chicken, spam, etc.
- Canned fruit
- Tomato products and sauces
- Pasta, rice, dried beans
- Canned corn, peas, and other veggies
- Hearty soups and Ramen
- Juice drinks
- Small bags of sugar and flour
- Canned black beans, pinto beans and refried beans
Volunteer opportunities include: Stocking shelves, shop for canned food, pick up meat from the grocery store (requires heavy lifting), pick up fruit and produce one time per week from the grocery stores and serve during open hours. Spanish, English and bi-lingual volunteers are welcome. To volunteer, contact us at [email protected].
Hours of Operation:
- Monday and Thursday: 4:00 p.m. — 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Jackson Cupboard is located in the basement of St. John's Church at 170 N. Glenwood Street in Jackson. Enter near the Browse 'N Buy parking lot. (Map)